11.6.10

i'll never be captain, but i will be king

I bought a new pair of heels. They are without doubt the highest shoes I have ever owned, to be honest my feet hurt just looking at them.

My philosophy on heel height is that, being pretty tall, I don't want to tower over the people around me. But I am a girl, and I love fuckoff massive shoes. So I suppose I will just have to get taller friends.
They are black ASOS 50's style peep-toes, cos I thought I'll be able to wear them with, like, everything i own. Thrifty, huh? ;) Oh yeh, don't tell me I don't know how to economise.

I can walk okay in heels, I am at least not as bad as those girls you sometimes see tottering down a cobbled street in ridiculous shoes, having to walk like a duck so as not to topple over. But I am far from an expert, and so I think I'll be giving up that dream of throwing them on and suddenly being able to gracefully whirl about in them, like Florence can. Pretty unlikely.

So technically I bought them for our 6th form college leaving prom (i say 'prom'…there will not be a meringue dress or barbie hair in sight. Not from me anyway. As if. I didn't even go that far on my actual prom.) And i figured that since I have a nice dress I should get some nice shoes. Youu know. Try and look legit.
Still, I know that at the end of the day it doesn't matter what my shoes look like, because i know i will end up kicking them off and dancing like a crazy mother bitch. FACT.

x

4 comments:

  1. Why must you do everything possible to make me feel even shorter? :( x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i try my best ;)
    DONT WORRY i wont wear them around you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haveeeeee to post a photo! Please ;) Rx

    ReplyDelete
  4. et voila :) knew there was something i forgot to do!
    sadly not my legs, though. was going to take a photo of my own, but couldn't find a nice enough background. meh.
    x

    ReplyDelete