25.5.10

drink, anyone?

I saw these the other day, Dita von Teese on bottles and cans of Perrier's new "Paparazzi" sparkling water. The idea is quite exciting - Dita certainly has an individual style, and imagine how great the results could be of collaberations with normally soulless corporations with such bright creative minds.
But..well look at them. How dull. In my opinion, they've made no effort.


I know, I know. I don't think I've ever seen anyone drinking Perrier either. The only place I can imagine it is place artfully on the corner of a fashion-magazine editors desk. But then I found these...
Back in April, the unquestioned genius that is a certain Mr Karl Lagerfeld designed these bottles for coke. Now that is an effort. He designed an opaque silver-white bottle with a hot pink and black colour scheme. I especially adore the signature, and he even shot the cute-as-a-button ad campaign himself. If anythings going to make you drink coca-cola its that, right?
I really hope this is the start of celebrated designers and creatives lending a hand to brighten up everyday consumer products. It might be shallow, but its also tres chic.
x

1 comment: