23.9.10

the uni post.


The uni post. It needed doing. ;)

So, tomorrow I will have been here for a week! Officially a student. It feels odd to read my blogger updates (not to mention post a blog) from my own laptop but at an unfamiliar desk, in an unfamiliar room.
Uni, I won't lie, has been a little bit of a shock to the system. After spending the last ooh 2 years constantly being lectured about uni, talked to about uni, asked about uni...I was beginning to feel sick of it before I'd even started. But let me tell you, it is just nothing like everyone describes it.
Not being the most outgoing of personalities, and chancing upon having a rather small flat, I won't pretend that meeting people has been easy because it hasn't. But I know I'm not the only one who is a little bit lonely, which makes me a little happier.

The place itself though is truly beautiful. I am by the great British seaside, anyone who knows me knows how much I adore the sea, so when it all gets too much I can go for a wander and watch the waves from the beach. Bliss. :) And come to think of it, I am studying creative writing so I had better find somewhere better to write than the window of Starbucks...

At the risk of sounding like an utter geek, I really can't wait for my course to start. I know it will be a lot of hard work, but sometimes it feels like people forget why we have come here. Its all so new and exciting!!

If anyone else has ever felt this strange feeling; a mixture of nerves, happiness, excitement,
homesickness, confusion, trepidation and adventure, then I'm sure you will be able to assure me that the bad bits will fade and the good bits will win out.
As the mothership keeps reminding me, what kind of writer has never bee
n anguished? haha.
one day I'm sure I will read this back and think 'whaaa? it wasnt that bad!'
that day will make me smile

good luck to everyone else starting uni this weekend! love every moment!
x


No comments:

Post a Comment